7th Grade Curriculum
- Reading: finding information, evidence, theme, point of view and plot from a text. Determine meaning of unknown words from context. Analyze, compare and contrast different forms and genres of literature.
Writing: write to support claims with clear reasons, write explanations, and write narratives using appropriate style and techniques and include conclusions.
Speaking: Speak effectively in a variety of discussions, present findings, adapt speech to different contexts and include multi-media components
Language: use proper conventions (capitalizations, punctuation, spelling), learn appropriate vocabulary, and understand parts of speech
- Includes study of the ancient civilizations from the Fall of Rome through the Middle Ages using the language arts skills above.
- Reviews on algebraic skills of notation and solving equations, and introduces linear equations, data analysis, and graphing.
- A life science course. topics include vertebrate and
invertebrate animals, the plant kingdom, study of the
cell and the various body systems.
- Topics of study include dangers of tobacco use, violence and suicide prevention, promotion of environmental health; disease prevention and promotion of sexual health and is taught as part of the science curriculum.
A variety of art activities will be explored in creating
art projects. Opportunity is provided to become
acquainted with concepts and possibilities for creative
A continuation of skills learned in grade 6. Conditioning
and development of basic skills will be introduced
through a variety of individual and team activities.
Conditioning will be stressed to help the student achieve
increased physical fitness.
- STEM Engineering
An introduction to the study of engineering and technology used in industry.
Students will participate in various "hands-on" activities using tools and equipment. Safety is stressed.
- STEM Lab
An introduction to the study of science, technolgy, engineering and math in a computer lab setting.
Students will be introduced to practices and computer skills used in industry. They will also learn basic electronics using microprocessors, and the processes of designing and developing products.
A classes for violin, viola, cello and string bass
students who have no previous playing experience or those
who have some previous experience. Basic instruction in
orchestra playing techniques and orchestra music is
emphasized. Advanced orchestra is offered to students
with more advanced abilities and experience.
For students who wish to learn to play a wind or
percussion instrument. Advanced bands are offered to
students with more advanced abilities and experience.
For students who wish to learn to sing well. No previous knowledge of
music is necessary. Advanced choirs are offered to students with more
advanced abilities and experience.
- Academic Assistants
For students who wish to help in a specific teacher's classroom, the office, or in the library.
This is only available to students with good grades and behavior.
Selection is determined after submitting an application to the vice principal.