We love having parents, family members, friends and community members supporting our students here at Hamlin. We have a variety of ways for volunteers to positively impact student success. Here are just a few common ways to get connected:
- Hamlin PTSO: (Parent Teacher Student Organization) meets once a month to plan and organize fundraisers, student socials, etc.
- ASPIRE Middle-College Mentor Program: Volunteers meet with 3 students for about 30 minutes individually, 3-4 times a year. This is an ideal opportunity for busy people because it requires a total of 6-8 hours a year.
- ASPIRE Mentor: Volunteers meet with 1-3 students once a week (or more if preferred) for about 45 minutes. This is a great opportunity for someone who can commit 1-2 hours per week to make a positive impact in student success.
- ASPIRE Near-Pear Mentor: High school sophomores, juniors or seniors can get involved by signing up with their high school counselor to serve as a mentor weekly. We currently have a partnership with Springfield High School to coordinate schedules for this opportunity.
- Career Day Presenter: Hamlin Career Day is usually scheduled one week prior to the district wide Career Fair. We are always looking for career professionals to represent different career fields. This event usually runs from 8:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
We could use your help whether it is just one time, once a quarter or a regular time each week.
ASPIRE Mentor Volunteer Application
ASPIRE Mentor Position Discription and Confidentiality Agreement
Middle College Conference Signup
Volunteer Background Check Form
Volunteer Coordinator: Cynthia Nagao (541) 744-6356; firstname.lastname@example.org